AlGhazaly School is committed to providing the 3-and-4- year old children with developmentally appropriate preschool experiences. Our mission is to:
- Provide a learning environment that will help children develop intellectually, socially, physically, and emotionally in a manner appropriate to their age and state of development.
- Include education of health, nutrition, and social and emotional well being into a daily program of varied activities.
- Enhance children’s feelings of self-worth and appreciation of their own and other’s ethnicity, cultures, and languages.
- Develop a social competence by providing opportunities for children to make decisions and solve problems during their school day.
- Provide enriching Religious Studies, Quran, and Arabic programs in addition to the English, Math, and Science program.
- Ease the transition of children into primary grades by providing appropriate early childhood experiences.
In the English, Math, and Science classes, students participate in circle time where they sing songs, read books, recognize the letter and number of the week, and engage in fun-filled activities based on the theme of the week. The activities provide hands-on experiences in the areas of sensory development, language, math, science, geography and art.
In the Religious Studies class, students listen to short stories of the Prophets and the Sahabah and engage in fun activities that reinforce Islamic concepts. In Arabic class, students participate in activities that motivate them to learn the Arabic letters and their sounds, vocabulary words, and numbers. In Quran class, students memorize some Surahs and simple dua’as.
The PreK program includes indoor/outdoor play and naptime.